Latest briefs Browse latest →
Trump Says Iran Ceasefire Over as Strikes Threaten U.S. Forces
Trump says the Iran ceasefire is over after fresh strikes, putting U.S. military sites and oil markets back at risk
Latest development U.S. and Iran Trade Strikes, Raising Hormuz Shipping Risk
Full visual brief
Follow the story
Sources & verification
Reporting behind this brief, checked before publication.
Brief text
Trump said the ceasefire with Iran was over after renewed strikes, leaving talks, U.S. forces, and Hormuz shipping in doubt.
- Frame 1Trump says the Iran ceasefire is over after fresh strikes, putting U.S. military sites and oil markets back at risk.
- Frame 2At a NATO summit in Ankara, he said talks could continue but called dealing with Tehran a waste of time.
- Frame 3The fighting followed last month's interim deal, which called for ending conflict and keeping vessels moving through Hormuz.
- Frame 4U.S. and Iranian officials accused each other of breaking the ceasefire after overnight strikes reopened the military exchange.
- Frame 5Iran said it hit bases hosting U.S. forces in Kuwait and Bahrain after U.S. strikes.
- Frame 6Talks, Hormuz shipping, and U.S. force protection now show whether the ceasefire can be rebuilt.
How this was checked
- Reporting
- Cross-checked across 4 sources
- Claims
- We checked the names, dates, numbers, and core facts against the reporting linked above
- Artwork
- This is an editorial illustration based on the reporting, not source photography
- Published
- Jul 8, 7:13 AM EDT
- Our standards
- Editorial standards and corrections